René Claure is partner at our firm with over 15 years of solid experience in the areas of corporate law, insurance, financial, labor law and arbitration. He has provided 360 counsel to numerous companies and organizations of the most diverse sectors, in every phase of their operations, from day 1 to closure and liquidation. René has also acted as sponsor and defense attorney within several complex arbitrations involving commercial and investment disputes. He has represented our clients in the areas of insurance, construction, contracts, corporate, energy, aviation, mining and international trade, among others. His particularly wide-ranging trajectory gives him a nearly unparalleled familiarity with the procedures and current practices of the most renowned Arbitration Centers, in Bolivia and internationally (ICSID, UNCITRAL and CCI, among others).
- Member of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Bolivia
- Bolivian Arbitration Institute
- VYAP Bolivia – Very Young Arbitration Practitioners
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, La Paz – Bolivia, 2006: Law Degree (Graduated with Academic Excellence).
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, La Paz – Bolivia, 2007: Postgraduate Diploma on Higher Education and Research.
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, La Paz – Bolivia, 2011: Masters in Financial Markets Law.
- Illustrious Bar Association of La Paz
- National Bar Association of Bolivia
Labour and Employment
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Due diligence processes.
- Constitution of subsidiaries and branches.
- Corporate reorganizations.
- Corporate governance.
- International transactions.
- Company dissolutions and liquidations.
- Local and international loan agreements with public and private entities.
- Sovereign loans.
- Syndicated loans.
- Financing of mergers and acquisitions operations.
- Project financing.
- Structuring of financial guarantees.
- Issuance and purchase/sale of securities.
- Incorporation of insurance companies, reinsurers, insurance brokers, and other market auxiliaries.
- Representation, registration and renewal of foreign reinsurer and reinsurance broker authorizations.
- Obtaining authorizations, licenses and registrations.
- Preparation of legal reports and opinions on the coverage of claims.
- Assistance in the preparation, review, adjustment and registration of insurance products, coverages and exclusions.
- Patronage and defense of insurance and reinsurance claims.
- Defense of regulated companies in the framework of inspections and disciplinary proceedings.
- Advice for the compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Investment arbitration.
- International commercial arbitration.
- Local (Bolivian) arbitration.
- Recognition and execution of foreign arbitration awards.
- Emergency arbitration.
- Design of comprehensive regulatory solutions and structures of contracting and representation.
- Constitution and comprehensive administration of regulated companies.
- Preparation of opinions and previous analysis on the registrability of products and labels.
- Compliance with regulatory and surveillance obligations.
- Obtaining, homologation, modification and renewal of sanitary records.
- Management and tracking of customs shipments of regulated products.
- Custody of health and sanitary registrations for third parties.
- Representation of foreign companies before local regulators.
- Management of regulatory conflicts with the authority and with users and consumers.
- Registration upon the regulatory authorities.
- Hiring processes.
- Business reorganization.
- Human resources management.
- Employment litigation.
"René Claure Veizaga is an outstanding professional who is able to handle highly sophisticated litigation proceedings involving international matters."
"He is a key player in Moreno Baldivieso's arbitration team and is a genius when it comes to legal strategy."
"René Claure Veizaga is a very sophisticated lawyer who perfectly understands the needs of the company in each case, providing practical solutions to our problems."
"He is a very sharp lawyer who is able to anticipate his client's needs."