Teddy Mercado is Partner at Moreno Baldivieso, with more than 10 years of experience in corporate affairs, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, public contracting and local and international arbitration.
In the corporate and commercial fields, he advises local and international clients in the constitution and corporate reorganization of companies, commercial contracting, due diligence processes and M&A. In the capacity of banking and finance advisor, he assists and counsels multilateral financial organizations, banks and investment funds in financing transactions, ordinary loans or lines of credit, collateral guarantees and other similar financial services for public and private entities, including sovereign loans.
In relation to public procurement processes, he has extensive experience in advising clients in the different stages of public tenders in large-scale energy and infrastructure projects.
In regards to local and international arbitration, he has represented clients in commercial and investment arbitrations. In commercial arbitration, he has experience in corporate and commercial disputes related to insurance, engineering and construction. In investment arbitration, he has participated in advising foreign investors on issues related to government led expropriations in Latin America.
- Universidad Privada Boliviana, La Paz – Bolivia, 2008: Law Degree (Graduated with Honors).
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C., 2009: Diploma on Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Université Panthéon – Assas Paris 2, Paris – France, 2010: LL.M -International Business Law (Graduated with Honors).
- Bolivia National Chamber of Commerce, La Paz – Bolivia, 2011: Postgraduate Diploma on Negotiation, Conciliation and Arbitration.
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres, La Paz – Bolivia, 2014: Diploma on Higher Education.
Banking & Finance
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Due diligence processes.
- Constitution of subsidiaries and branches.
- Corporate reorganizations.
- Corporate governance.
- International transactions.
- Company dissolutions and liquidations.
- Local and international loan agreements with public and private entities.
- Sovereign loans.
- Syndicated loans.
- Financing of mergers and acquisitions operations.
- Project financing.
- Structuring of financial guarantees.
- Issuance and purchase/sale of securities.
- Investment arbitration.
- International commercial arbitration.
- Local (Bolivian) arbitration.
- Recognition and execution of foreign arbitration awards.
- Emergency arbitration.
- Company incorporation.
- Intellectual property protection.
- Advice on initial funding search and negotiation.
- Assistance in structuring and negotiating subsequent funding rounds.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Legal and strategic guidance on key aspects for startup growth and success.
"He is a very capable lawyer who has an eye for detail."
"Teddy Mercado Carrión is an excellent lawyer who is diligent and timely."
"Teddy Mercado Carrión is extremely knowledgeable and hard-working."
"He is always ready to step up when needed and we fully trust his advice."